All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionFrankly, John O'Loughlin had idea, when he tentatively began this title, that it would blossom into what is unquestionably the most eloquent and comprehensively exacting presentation of his philosophy so far, a presentation that has the right to be called revelationary ['revelatory' would be technically more correct but less apposite in this context - editor's te.], in that much of what it reveals is so compellingly cogent as to be positively divine, the divine revelations of a thinker who kws the difference between God and the Devil, but does t make the reductionist mistake of conceiving of history, much less life, as a struggle between Good and Evil, when all the philosophical evidence points to the conclusion that good is merely the relative counterpart of Evil and more than a just retort to something which is t merely antithetical, in its vainglorious pursuit of power, to anything godly, but the principal obstacle to the salvation of the sinful to that which, gracefully transcending the world, is as far removed from an engagement in any such struggle as it's possible to imagine. Yet it is t, on that account, indifferent to the plight of the meek.
- Author BiographyJohn O'Loughlin is a London-based author who was born in Ireland to an English mother and grew up first in Hampshire and then in Surrey, where he attended a variety of state schools. Most of his adult life has been spent at different addresses in the London Borough of Haringey, north of the River Thames, to which he moved from Surrey in 1974, and all but a few of his books have been written there, the majority of which, like this one, are of an intensely philosophical not to say metaphysical and even ideological nature.
- Author(s)John O'Loughlin
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication27/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.