All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.82Trending at AU $29.69
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $23.68Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.14
- AU $46.95Trending at AU $53.52
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.04
- AU $36.33Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionViking Blood 3 Revenge Third book in the series Viking Blood by Marianne Slot. Hauge draws his bow and aim at the big moose. The cold air makes his breath come out like clouds. This beast may better t escape! At last they are going to have some proper meat. Even at the recent Yule sacrifice they'd had thing to offer the Gods but a goat. Their winter supplies had run out much too soon. But then there hadn't been a great deal of order at the slaughter this last fall, either. Hauge aim at the animal's shoulder holds his breath - and releases the arrow. But just then the scared animal jumps off, the arrow stuck in a hind leg. ..... Four years has gone and Hauge's mother Aasa has married Sven, hoping to help him become a better chieftain. The dumb slave-girl, Astrid, gives birth in secrecy to a stillborn child. Hauge is shaken when he learns who the father of the child is. The men travel to the winter markets in Skiringssal where many a good deal is done. Once again Hauge meets his friend Hannibal. But on their way home they are brutally attacked and many die; among them, Sven. Hauge is made chieftain and can finally avenge his father. But who is the young beautiful girl, Edwina, who was enslaved on a raid in England?
- Author BiographyMarianne Slot was a teacher for 30 years and is now a full-time writer. Ever since she was a little girl she has been a writer of poems, stories, and fairy tales! She was so addicted to writing that she spent most of her breaks in primary school writing. For years she hid her writings in a drawer, however, after six years of living and teaching in Greenland, she felt compelled to write about the many good, sad, and exciting experiences from that beautiful country. It resulted in eight books about an Inuit boy and his life in a small Greenlandic settlement beneath the Northern Lights. Many children in Danish schools have learned about Greenland through these books. (Published in 1994-95 by Gyldendal, the largest publishing company in Denmark.) This gave her the courage to continue publishing her stories, and a few years later the five books about the brave Viking, Hauge, were published. (The series: Viking Blood ) Since then she has published several books in Danish, the series 'Prince Salino', which is a fantasy story, and is currently involved in an international film script/children's book project. She lives with her husband in an old thatched farmhouse in Reersoe, Denmark, a small inlet in an area rich with relics, fortresses, and burial mounds.
- Author(s)Marianne Slot
- Date of Publication27/09/2011
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleViking Blood
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Pia Falck Pape
- Translated byLisbeth Lovbjerg Trampe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.