All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally titled, The Sermons on the Mount, on the Plain and in the Valley, Part 1, this book started out as an inductive study of the first half of the Sermon on the Mount. It puts the reader back with the audience in that grassy amphitheatre on the North shore of the Sea of Galilee, by portraying the historical background, the crowd's attitude and revealing the Lord's intent for the message from his use of rhetoric, repetitions and figures of speech. But much to the author's surprise, it turned into a vivid portrait of Jesus Christ himself through his words, revealing his sheer genius and deep compassion and his real design for the sermon: He was reaching out to the crowd to revitalize them from the ravages of the religious repression of the Pharisees and to launch a counter-culture of genuineness to counteract the hypocrisy of the religious establishment. Consequently, this volume was renamed: Reversing Religious Repression - A New Subtitle for the Sermon on the Mount. The Sermon on the Mount is the greatest speech ever, the greatest treatise against legalism and the best example of Jesus' profound teaching ability. Even his opponents admitted, No man has ever spoken like this man. His message contains gem-like, multi-levels of understanding and timeless truths which heal believers from religious abuse, reversing its effects: replacing them with genuine love and virtue and rekindling their desire to walk for God again. Some other facets covered include: Faith 101 - The Virtues of Faith, The Letter of the Law vs. its Spirit, How to Overcome Evil with Good and The Beatitudes - The Most Profound Statements Ever Uttered. Once you have heard the words of Jesus portrayed as the historical background, structure and figures of speech indicate their real intent, you may never be the same!
- Author BiographyRev. Jon O. Nessle is from a family of researchers, teachers and Sons of the American Revolution, including PhDs, Preachers, School Principals and a Signatory of the Articles of Confederation, Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution. His father, James P. Nessle, was a self-taught scientist and ecologist whose knowledge was so comprehensive he had one of the very first TV shows on Nature from 1947-57 on WSPD TV Toledo, OH. Later his father lectured about Nature in Schools all over the Midwest, imitating birds during his discourses. Jon followed in his footsteps, but with the Bible instead of Nature, and teaches Non-denominational Christian Seminars all over the USA. The fact that his father had an odd occupation led to Jon being severely bullied in school. He became an angry, bitter young man who was headed for public enemy #1. One evening he crashed a fellowship, thinking it was a party. Within seconds, the leader spoke to him by revelation saying God will do A, B and C for you. which were big missing things in his life. He miraculously changed, becoming an ambassador of Christian love and Biblical accuracy. Jon attended every fellowship he could, checking the teachings with a Young's Concordance and Interlinear Bible. His teachers had said, Don't believe things because we say so, check them out for yourself. Jon soon discovered he could comprehensively answer people's Bible questions, not merely parroting what was taught. He became a missionary, entered Seminary, and became a Research Assistant to the President of a ministry. Then Jon joined Christian Family Fellowship and was ordained in 2001. Jon has developed many Seminars including The Body of Christ and how to find your part in it, Christian Leadership, the Worship Manifestations of Holy Spirit, Old Testament History, The Star of Bethlehem, One God and How to Research the Bible. Jon began researching the 3 great Sermons of Jesus and produced 4 books on the Sermon on the Mount, on the Plain and in the Valley. Subsequent teachings were developed on: How to love enemies and pray for them, How to deal with revenge, The Beatitudes, Repetitions in the Bible being ancient content markers, The Universe of Prayer, Godly Parenting, Dispensationalism, the Phases of Christ's Ministry and what Jesus is doing now at God's right hand as head of the Body. One thing most commonly reported about his teaching style is how he breaks things down so they can be understood and practiced.
- Author(s)Rev Jon O Nessle
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication16/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.