All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionWhether the library assessment is driven by external pressure or by an organizationally inspired desire to improve, library managers are expected to be able to plan and implement both comprehensive and targeted evaluations of their impact, services, resources, programs, virtual and physical spaces, and partnerships. Many librarians have been invited to serve on review teams for other academic libraries, either as part of a reaccreditation process or as part of a general cyclical program review process. At their own institutions, librarians have initiated reviews of their libraries or been asked to do so by a senior administrator. There are blueprints for conducting external reviews and self-studies. In this volume, the reader will find essays by key thinkers and leaders that address the major aspects of the formal assessment and review of academic libraries. This volume offers practical and applicable information, contextualized through current theory and approaches.
- Author BiographyEleanor Mitchell is Director of Library Services at Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA. She also co-edited the ACRL title, Past or Portal? Enhancing Undergraduate Learning through Special Collections and Archives with Peggy Seiden. Her articles have appeared in Libraries Unlimited, and ALA publications. Peggy Anne Seiden is College Librarian at Swarthmore College in Swarthmore, PA. She also co-edited the ACRL title, Past or Portal? Enhancing Undergraduate Learning through Special Collections and Archives with Eleanor Mitchell. Her articles have appeared in Reference and User Services Quarterly, The Reference Librarian, Library Trends, and various ALA publications.
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication30/12/2015
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Width252 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byEleanor Mitchell,Peggy Ann Seiden
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.