Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the ?fth volume in the Reviews in Fluorescence series. To date, four previous volumes have been both published and well received by the scienti?c community. Several book reviews in the last few years have also favorably remarked on the series. In this ?fth volume we continue the tradition of publishing leading edge and timely articles from authors around the world. With the recent Nobel Prize in Chemistry for 2008 being awarded for the discovery and development of the Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP) to Shimomura, Chal?e, and Tsien, we have subsequently included several timely reviews on GFP in this volume. We thank the authors for their timely and exciting contributions. We hope you ?nd this volume as useful as past volumes, which promises to be just as diverse with regard to ?uorescence-based content. Finally, in closing, I would like to thank Caroleann Aitken for helping coordin- ing content with authors and Michael Weston at Springer for help in publishing this current volume. Baltimore, MD, USA Chris D. Geddes v . Contents Fluorescence Anisotropy to Study the Preferential Orientation of Fluorophores in Ordered Bi-Dimensional Systems: Rhodamine 6G/Laponite Layered Films ...1 F. Lopez Arbeloa, V. Martinez, T. Arbeloa, and I. Lopez Arbeloa Room Temperature Tryptophan Phosphorescence of Proteins in the Composition of Biological Membranes and Solutions ...37 Vladimir M. Mazhul', Alexander V. Timoshenko, Ekaterina M.
- Author BiographyDr. Chris D. Geddes, Ph.D., Professor, has extensive experience in fluorescence spectroscopy, particularly in fluorescence sensing and metal-fluorophore interactions (Metal-Enhanced Fluorescence), publishing over 190 papers and 18 books. Dr. Geddes is internationally known in fluorescence. He is the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Fluorescence and founding editor of the Who's Who in Fluorescence and Annual Reviews in Fluorescence volumes. In addition, due to the labs pioneering efforts in the fields of metallic nanoparticle-fluorophore interactions, Dr. Geddes recently launched a new Springer Journal, Plasmonics, as well as a new annual hard bound book series Annual Reviews in Plasmonics. Dr. Geddes is Director of the Institute of Fluorescence, within the Medical Biotechnology Center which focuses on the nano-bio-technological applications of fluorescence. Dr. Geddes is currently the chair of 1 NIH study section, a frequent member of the NIBIB special emphasis sensing panels and a permanent member of the NIH EBT study section. http://theinstituteoffluorescence.com/
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/05/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleReviews in Fluorescence
- Series Part/Volume Number2008
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note78 black & white illustrations, 91 colour illustrations, 26 black & white tables, biography
- Weight771 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byChris D. Geddes
- Edition StatementPreviously published in hardcover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.