All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
About this product
- DescriptionBy turns tender and rough-hewn, and always structurally inventive, the poems in Wendy's McGrath's new collection show a writer reaching the height of her creative powers. Whether evoking the vulgar give-and-take of a men's poker night, fleeting moments of connection between mothers and sons, afterons spent in overgrown backyard gardens, or wondrous childhood trips to the drive-in, McGrath's feel for the bygone details of working-class life is uncanny. The book's highlight is the playful poetic sequence that gives the book its title, the product of a more-than-decade-long improvisational collaboration with printmaker Walter Jule, a series of t-quite-mirror poems whose meanings reflect on each other in kaleidoscopic ways.
- Author BiographyA published poet, Wendy McGrath lives in Edmonton with her husband and two sons.
- Author(s)Wendy McGrath
- PublisherNeWest Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEdmonton
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintNeWest Press
- Weight122 g
- Width140 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.