All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.69
About this product
- DescriptionBy turns tender and rough-hewn, and always structurally inventive, the poems in Wendy's McGrath's new collection show a writer reaching the height of her creative powers. Whether evoking the vulgar give-and-take of a men's poker night, fleeting moments of connection between mothers and sons, afterons spent in overgrown backyard gardens, or wondrous childhood trips to the drive-in, McGrath's feel for the bygone details of working-class life is uncanny. The book's highlight is the playful poetic sequence that gives the book its title, the product of a more-than-decade-long improvisational collaboration with printmaker Walter Jule, a series of t-quite-mirror poems whose meanings reflect on each other in kaleidoscopic ways.
- Author BiographyA published poet, Wendy McGrath lives in Edmonton with her husband and two sons.
- Author(s)Wendy McGrath
- PublisherNeWest Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEdmonton
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintNeWest Press
- Weight122 g
- Width140 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.