All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.16Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume assembles some of the most distinguished scholars in the field of Deleuze studies in order to provide both an accessible introduction to key concepts in Deleuze's thought and to test them in view of the issue of rmativity. This includes t only the law, but also the question of rms and values in the broader ethical, political and methodological sense. The volume argues that Deleuze's philosophy rejects the unitary vision of the subject as a self-regulating rationalist entity and replaces it with a process-oriented relational vision of the subject. But what can we do exactly with this alternative madic vision? What modes of rmativity are available outside the parameters of liberal, self-reflexive individualism on the one hand and the communitarian model on the other? This interdisciplinary volume explores these issues in three directions that mirror Deleuze and Guattari's defense of the parallelism between philosophy, science, and the arts. The volume therefore covers socio-political and legal theory; the epistemological critique of scientific discourse and the cultural, artistic and aesthetic interventions emerging from Deleuze's philosophy.
- Author BiographyRosi Braidotti is Distinguished University Professor and founding Director of the Centre for the Humanities at Utrecht University, the Netherlands. She was the Founding Professor of Gender Studies in the Humanities at Utrecht (1988-2005) and the first scientific director of the Netherlands Research School of Women's Studies. P.P.R.W. (Patricia) Pisters is Professor of Media and Film Studies at the University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands. She is also chair of the Department of Media Studies there and member of the steering committee of NECS (European Network for Cinema and Media Studies).
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication06/09/2012
- Series TitleBloomsbury Studies in Continental Philosophy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Note5 illus
- Weight360 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byPatricia Pisters,Rosi Braidotti
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.