All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionRural communities in Canada are facing a new reality where traditional ecomic bases such as agriculture, forestry, and manufacturing have eroded. The digital divide, whereby rural Canada lags in access to broadband, has created further barriers to participating in the emerging kwledge ecomy. Revitalizing Rural Ecomies offers practical tools for developers, business people, and community leaders. The result of a partnership between the Monieson Centre at Queen's School of Business and entrepreneurs, policy makers, ecomic development officials, and elected representatives from rural communities across southern Ontario, Revitalizing Rural Ecomies draws on four years of community-based research to provide strategies for ecomic revitalization. Integrating case studies and community development guidelines, the authors explore themes such as the building blocks for community ecomic development (CED), invation, community assets, vibrant downtowns, social capital accumulation through collaboration and inclusion, and new opportunities for rural ecomies through creative and value-added businesses. Designed as a practical guide, this book serves as a primer to CED, while also allowing those familiar with the field to delve deeper. Case studies ground the discussion in the challenges and opportunities facing communities. The book provides ideas and resources to foster the long-term resilience of rural regions.
- Author BiographyYolande E. Chan is professor of management information systems at Queen's School of Business and former director of the Monieson Centre. Jeffrey A. Dixon is associate director of the Monieson Centre at Queen's School of Business. Christine R. Dukelow is a community development professional from Beaverton, Ontario.
- Author(s)Christine R. Dukelow,Jeffrey A. Dixon,Yolande E. Chan
- PublisherMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Date of Publication14/11/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.