All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
About this product
- DescriptionSix hundred years in the future a nuclear winter endures. This never-ending winter has persisted hundreds of years longer then scientists predicted. Earth had been reduced to a smattering of cities and a small population all under the control of the Regalcy. The religious and political wars of the first half of the millennium, that left the surface of the earth in this perpetual winter, have given way to a neo socialist system where birthright indicates the transference of leadership, but the real power is wielded by corrupt political brokers. Determined t to repeat history, the Regalcy identify the renaissance of the fifteenth century as the turning point in human evolution; the very cause that plunged civilisation into the depths of despair. With the aphorism, Invention is unnecessary. Invation is uncontrollable. Intelligence is a crime, the deacons of The Regalcy rule without compromise. In these times, Ashley, condemned to the prisons as a consequence of her intelligence quotient testing, finds herself serendipitously rescued by the resistance to the ends of toppling the Regalcy and bringing civil rights back to the people.
- Author BiographyPenny de Byl is a professor of computer game design and development, artificial intelligence, animation and educational technology. She has been awarded numerous awards for teaching and research throughout her twenty-year career. She has a Ph.D. in artificial intelligence and computer game character programming. To date she has written seven books including the best selling Holistic Game Development and Artificial Life Possibilities: A Startrek Perspective. Her novels also include The Disciples of Cassini Trilogy, a work of fiction combining Penny's expertise in computer science and technology with her love of crime mysteries and police procedurals.
- Author(s)Penny De Byl
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight581 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.