All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionBy far the most comprehensive book on Bob Dylan's words ever written, including a number of songs that one has ever heard, this first volume will fundamentally change how his lyrics are interpreted and understood. Arranged in a surprising chrology of when they were actually written rather than when they appeared on albums--the middle verse of Blowin' in the Wind was written much later than the first and third verses, and the songs on John Wesley Harding were written prior to some of the songs on The Basement Tapes --hundreds of surprising facts are uncovered in this catalog of 300 songs, spanning his career prior to Blood on the Tracks. Newly discovered manuscripts, anecdotal evidence, and a seemingly limitless kwledge of every Dylan live performance contribute to this definitive resource of the words of a celebrated American singer-songwriter.
- Author BiographyClinton Heylin is the author of Bob Dylan: Behind the Shades, Bob Dylan: The Recording Sessions, From the Velvets to the Voidoids: The Birth of American Punk, Still on the Road, and several other books.
- Author(s)Clinton Heylin
- PublisherChicago Review Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChicago Review Press
- Weight599 g
- Width148 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.