All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe 'war on terror' tends to circumscribe crucial developments in the Islamic world within a narrow definition of 'Islamic terrorism'. This partial and incomplete perspective fails to comprehend the links between today's scenario and the Iranian revolution of 1979 - a revolution fought in the name of God and spearheaded by religious scholars. It is vital to examine the relationship between religious and revolutionary ideologies and the revolutionary potentials of Islamic teachings.In a penetrating new study, Najibullha Lafraie examines how revolutionary ideologies function, and applies these insights to the Quran and its interpreters in the vanguard of the Iranian revolution. By unpacking these discourses, Lafraie develops and refines the concept of a 'Quranic' revolutionary ideology. The Ideology of the Islamic Revolution delineates the different ways in which the Quran was used to mobilise action in 1979, and in so doing provides a context for understanding today's Islamist movements.
- Author BiographyNajibullah Lafraie is a lecturer at the Department of Politics, University of Otago, New Zealand. He has a PhD in Political Science from the University of Hawaii, USA, and served as Minister of State for Foreign Affairs in Afghanistan, 1992-6.
- Author(s)Najibullah Lafraie
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication28/02/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleInternational Library of Iranian Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 13
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight476 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.