Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionCracking an Academic Code: Rhetorical Strategies for Composition is a worktext designed for composition students to apply rhetorical theory in their writing. The exercises interconnect rhetorical skill work for students to practice thinking on paper in style, language, and conventions. Several invations and competitive advantages of the text include: (1) providing continuity from AP Language courses (of which many students take in high school), which is t evident in current texts; (2) exhibiting a high level of student engagement vis-a-vis content of sentences, paragraphs, and other content relating to their lives; connecting ancient Rhetoric to modem media; (3) using the history of music sampling as a method to teach paraphrasing; (4) displaying sample student drafts with instructor commentary using rhetorical language from the course; and (5) offering an interconnectedness of lessons-students understand how components of rhetoric work together.
- Author BiographyKaren A. Wink, PhD, is an English professor at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy where she has taught composition and literature courses for 16 years. Previously, she taught high-school English in Maryland for five years. The New England Association for Teachers of English (NEATE) awarded an Excellence in Teaching award to Dr. Wink. Her research focuses her research on rhetoric and pedagogy in the field of English Education.
- Author(s)Karen A. Wink
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication04/12/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Note29 black & white illustrations, 16 tables
- Weight585 g
- Width224 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.