All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 1st Battalion, The Rhodesian Light Infantry, was one of the most invative and successful counter-insurgency units in modern history. Formed as a commando battalion in 1964 after the dissolution of the Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland, the RLI was an all-white unit made up of South Africans and men from the UK, Europe and US. It was a key weapon in independent Rhodesia's struggle against the Zimbabwe African National Liberation Army and Zimbabwe People's Revolutionary Army during the bloody Rhodesian Bush War. This comprehensive study explores the unit's dramatic history, revealing the RLI's fearsome airborne and combat capacity, which gave the unit, at times, near total tactical superiority against its opponents.
- Author BiographyNeil Grant is from a military family and grew up on a succession of army bases. Neil has a degree in archaeology, and presently works for English Heritage. Peter Dennis was born in 1950. Inspired by contemporary magazines such as Look and Learn he studied illustration at Liverpool Art College. Peter has since contributed to hundreds of books, predominantly on historical subjects, including many Osprey titles. A keen wargamer and modelmaker, he is based in Nottinghamshire, UK.
- Author(s)Neil Grant
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/11/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleWarrior
- Series Part/Volume Number177
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note55 b/w; 8 col
- Weight214 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Dennis
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.