All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThere are many books written for liturgical experts, but t many for laypeople. This book bridges that gap. In clear, everyday language, Waschevski and Stevens describe why Protestants worship and help to equip worship planners and leaders for excellence in their tasks. The authors explore the different elements of the worship service and how each expresses our Christ-centered faith. They also describe the feasts and festivals of the liturgical year, helping the reader understand and appreciate these special times and seasons in worship. An additional chapter considers music and arts in worship. Discussion questions at the end of each chapter invite discussion in local congregations. This book will be a valuable resource for pastors, worship committees, members, and all others who engage in worship planning and leadership.
- Author BiographyMichael Waschevski is Associate Pastor at First Presbyterian Church in Fort Worth, Texas. In addition to serving in the leadership of Grace Presbytery and as a member of the Glory to God hymnal committee, he frequently serves as adjunct faculty at Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary and Brite Divinity School. He has written for Call to Worship, The Presbyterian Outlook, and Presbyterians Today. John G. Stevens is a retired Presbyterian pastor and Chair of the Sacramento Presbytery Mission Committee. He has written articles for Call to Worship and has participated in the Pastor as Theologian program of the Presbyterian General Assembly. He also serves as a member of the Association for Reformed and Liturgical Worship.
- Author(s)John G. Stevens,Michael Waschevski
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.