All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Watershed of Scotland is a line that separates east from west; that divides those river basin areas which drain towards the North Sea on the one hand, and those which flow west into the Atlantic Ocean on the other. It's a line that meanders from Peel Fell on the English border all the way to the top at Duncansby Head, near John O'Groats - over 745 miles, through almost every kind of terrain. The Watershed follows the high ground, and offers wide vistas down almost every major river valley, towards towns and communities, into the heartlands of Scotland. Ribbon of Wildness provides a vivid introduction to this geographic and landscape feature, which has hitherto been largely unkwn. The rock, bog, forest, moor and mountain are all testament to The Watershed's richly varied natural state. The evolving kaleidoscope of changing vistas, wide paramas, ever present wildlife, and the vagaries of the weather, are delightfully described on this great journey of discovery. Along the route of the Watershed the general emptiness of the journey will strike the walker all the way, creating a unique, beautiful, spiritual dimension to the walk.
- Author BiographyPETER WRIGHT left school aged 14 and after a year at Newbattle Abbey College, pursued a career in Community Education and youth work in Scotland. He has an extensive commitment to the voluntary sector, especially in founding or assisting in the development of new initiatives, including being the Co-founder of the John Muir Award within the John Muir Trust and the founder of Youth in Trust within the National Trust for Scotland. Peter Wright lives near Edinburgh, is married, has three children and a granddaughter He has walked the entire Watershed of Scotland.
- Author(s)Peter Wright
- PublisherLuath Press Ltd
- Date of Publication06/06/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintLuath Press Ltd
- Width175 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine1 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.