All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe Discovery of Ribonuclease P and Enzymatic Activity of Its RNA Subunit Sydney Brenner and Francis H. C. Crick had a specific project in mind when they offered Sidney Altman a position in their group in 1969 to conduct postdoctoral research at the Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology (LMB) in Cambridge, England. At the time, an intense international competition was on- ing in as many as a dozen labs to determine the three-dimensional structure of tRNA. At the LMB, Aaron Klug was attacking the structure by crystallographic analysis with Brian F. C. Clark providing large amounts of purified phenylalanine tRNA. (Eventually, Aaron anunced his empirically determined 3-D structure of yeast phenylalanine tRNA, a structure that is generally common to tRNAs, due in part to several conserved, vel three-way nucleotide interactions. ) Concurrently, Michael Levitt, a Ph. D. student of Francis, was visually scrutinizing the cloverleaf secondary structure of the 14 tRNA sequences kwn at the time. Levitt was searching for nucleotide covariation in different parts of the molecules that were conserved in the 14 sequences kwn at the time. He identified a possible covariation of an apparent Watson-Crick pairing type between the residues at position 15 from the 5' end of the tRNA and residue 48. This association implied these parts of the tRNA, namely the D loop containing residue 15 and the 5' end of the T stem-adjoining residue 48, folded on one ather in a tertiary structure shared by different tRNAs.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/05/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleProtein Reviews
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 23 colour illustrations, 12 black & white tables, biography
- Weight462 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byFenyong Liu,Sidney Altman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.