Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
About this product
- DescriptionChristmas 1860. Polly, already living in grinding poverty, finds herself alone on the streets of Hull when her mother dies in childbirth. Rosalie, brought up in affluence and comfort on the other side of town, loses her own mother in similar circumstances and on the same day. Polly takes a job as scullery maid in Rosalie's lonely house, and the two girls form an unlikely friendship. Travelling together to the North Yorkshire Moors they discover a new kind of life and find unexpected joy and fulfilment.
- Author BiographySince winning the Catherine Cookson Prize for Fiction for her first novel, The Hungry Tide, Val Wood has become one of the most popular authors in the UK. Born in the mining town of Castleford, Val came to East Yorkshire as a child and has lived in Hull and rural Holderness where many of her novels are set. She now lives in the market town of Beverley. When she is not writing, Val is busy promoting libraries and supporting many charities. Find out more about Val Wood's novels by visiting her website: www.valeriewood.co.uk
- Author(s)Val Wood
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication04/02/2010
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Weight283 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.