All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.12
- AU $23.70Trending at AU $26.63
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $47.15Trending at AU $53.31
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.95
- AU $36.50Trending at AU $45.07
About this product
- DescriptionDyamonde Daniel is excited about the local library's poetry contest, and so is her friend Free. The prize is one hundred dollars?just think what they could buy with that much money! But when they find out that Damaris, one of their classmates, has been living in a homeless shelter, their ideas about what it means to be rich or poor start to change. And when they get to kw Damaris, they realize the one who could use the prize money the most also happens to be the best poet in class. In this fantastic follow-up to Make Way for Dyamonde Daniel, Nikki Grimes tackles big issues like homelessness in a sensitive, kid-friendly way. Dymonde's can-do attitude and lively spirit will endear her to readers.
- Author BiographyNikki Grimes is the award-winning, New York Times bestselling author of dozens of children s and young adult books as well as a poet and journalist. Among the many accolades she has received are the Golden Dolphin Award(2005), the NCTE Award for Excellence in Poetry for Children(2006), the Coretta Scott King Award (2003) for Bronx Masquerade, and the Horace Mann Upstanders Award (2011) forAlmost Zero: A Dyamonde Daniel Book. Additionally, her book Barack Obama: Son of Promise, Child of Hope (illustrated byBryan Collier)was a New York Times bestseller, and she was acknowledged as an NAACP Image Award Finalist in 1993 for her book Malcolm X: a Force for Change. Her books Meet Danitra Brown(illustrated by Floyd Cooper), Jazmin's Notebook, Talkin' About Bessie (illustrated byE.B. Lewis), Dark Sons, The Road to Paris, and Words with Wings were each awarded Coretta Scott King Honors. Visit her online at www.nikkigrimes.com.
- Author(s)Nikki Grimes
- PublisherG. P. Putnam's Sons
- Date of Publication29/10/2009
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleDyamonde Daniel (Hardcover)
- Series Part/Volume Number02
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintG. P. Putnam's Sons
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width165 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)R Gregory Gregory Christie
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.