All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs he traversed the worlds of abstract expressionism and figurative painting, Diebenkorn became one of America's most beloved post-war artists. The Ocean Park series, begun in 1967 and comprising works in a variety of media, is arguably the most celebrated of his illustrious career. This book features beautifully reproduced works that radiate with colour, allowing readers to appreciate the artist's evolving palette as well as his brilliant geometric explorations. The paintings, prints, drawings and collages that make up the series are examined from diverse perspectives in essays that bring to light new influences and conceptual frameworks that reposition the Ocean Park series, as well as the artist's role in the history of post-war art. The result is a timely re-examination of a major body of work that will excite the numerous fans of this quintessential California artist.
- Author BiographySARAH C. BANCROFT is Curator at the Orange County Museum of Art in Newport Beach, California, and is an art historian of post-war American art. SUSAN LANDAUER is an art historian, scholar and curator who is an expert on post-war art in California. PETER LEVITT is a recipient of the Lannan Foundation Award in Poetry, as well as a published author of journalism, fiction, and translations.
- Author(s)Peter Levitt,Sarah C. Bancroft,Susan Landauer
- Date of Publication21/09/2011
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note150 colour
- Weight2068 g
- Width255 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine31 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.13
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.