Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionBy the time of Richard Parkes Bonington's tragic death from tuberculosis in 1828, the 25-year-old artist, who was born in England and moved to France as a teenager, was already a seminal figure in the development of modernism in 19th-century French painting. This catalogue raisonne of his drawings serves as a companion to Patrick Noon's Richard Parkes Bonington: The Complete Paintings and represents the next stage in his objective to present the artist's complete kwn oeuvre. Drawing on more than 25 years of research, Noon catalogues, analyzes, and reproduces more than 400 drawings w indisputably attributed to Bonington. This is the first time many of these exquisite works are appearing in print, among them drawings composed during an 1826 trip through Switzerland and rthern Italy.
- Author BiographyPatrick Noon is Patrick and Aimee Butler Chair of Paintings, Minneapolis Institute of Arts. He was previously Curator of Prints, Drawings and Rare Books at the Yale Center for British Art.
- Author(s)Patrick Noon
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication04/11/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note285 col + 110 b-w illus.
- Weight1746 g
- Width247 mm
- Height330 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.