All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $83.84Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionAn in-depth study of the work of German-born industrial designer Richard Sapper, most famous for designs such as the Tizio lamp and the Brionvega radio. Richard Sapper (1932-2015) a German-born designer who was based in Milan most of his working career, is considered one of the most important designers of his generation. Within his lifetime, he received numerous international design accolades, including ten prestigious Compasso d'Oro awards. Sapper developed and designed a wide variety of products, ranging from ships and cars, to computers and electronics as well as furniture and kitchen appliances. His clients included Alessi, Artemide, B&B Italia, Brionvega, FIAT, Heuer, Kartell, Kll, IBM, Levo, Lorenz Mila, Magis, Molteni, Pirelli and many others. This investigation of Sapper's work, based on over forty hours of interviews with the designer Jonathan Olivares, studies his objects, the circumstances that shaped them and the resulting ideals that emerge. The inter-generational conversation explores themes that reoccur throughout Sapper's oeuvre, and which have a particular importance for a younger generation of designers and those with a desire to understand Sapper's work from a fresh perspective. An illustrated timeline, packed with images from Sapper's personal archives, reveals the incredible variety and technical brilliance of his work. Richard Sapper died in Milan on 31 December 2015. Designed by SM Associati, the agency of Marco Velardi from Apartamento magazine, the book opens with an image essay featuring candid commissioned photography by Ramak Fazel.
- Author BiographyJonathan Olivares was born in Boston in 1981, graduated with a degree in Industrial Design from Pratt Institute, and is based in Los Angeles. His work across the fields of industrial and spatial design engages a legacy of form and technology, and asks to be used rather than observed. Recent projects include the Aluminum Bench, for Zahner (2015); the Vitra Workspace, an interactive office showroom for Vitra (2015); and the Aluminum Chair, for Knoll (2012). Olivares' work has been published internationally, and he has been the recipient of the Compasso d'Oro and two grants from the Graham Foundation for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts. His book A Taxonomy of Office Chairs, was published by Phaidon Press (2011).
- Author(s)Jonathan Olivares
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/06/2016
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1315 g
- Width205 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.