All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $18.49
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.26
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionRichard the Vet is the fifth book of the series 'What do the grown-ups do?' Based in the Northwest Highlands of Scotland, the series aims to teach children aged 5-10 years about different jobs. By writing through the eyes of the children, the tone is kept chatty and light-hearted as three local children meet real workers who explain their jobs. Richard is a large animal vet. Specialised in equine (horses), he spends most of his time between farms and stables. His hours are long but he loves his job. On their adventure, the children learn how Richard helps farmers to manage their prize bulls, how horses' teeth never stop growing, how to remove rotten teeth and how to avoid getting kicked! Other books in the series include: Joe the Fisherman, Papa the Stockfarmer, Sean the Actor and Fiona the Doctor. Coming soon, Gordon the Wildlife Filmmaker.
- Author BiographyAfter graduating from Glasgow University and completing a post-grad MBA in France, Mairi McLellan spent 11 years working in the family IT business. During her time in IT, she won various accolades, including 'Young Director of the Year' from the Institute of Directors. Having worked abroad extensively, she returned to the croft in the Highlands where she runs a fold of Highland cattle, boat charters and holiday rentals.
- Author(s)Mairi McLellan
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleWhat Do the Grown-ups Do?
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width168 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.