All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.83Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionRichie Ashburn: Why the Hall Not? is the story of beloved Philadelphia Phillies player and broadcaster Richie Ashburn and a young fan he befriended as a player. That fan remembered the kindness displayed by Ashburn and in later years reconnected and led a drive collecting almost 200,000 signatures to have Major League Baseball reconsider Ashburn for the Hall of Fame. Ashburn was elected to the Hall of Fame and the once-young fan was with Ashburn at Cooperstown during the induction ceremonies. Along the way the young fan became a close friend of Ashburn and the two shared meals and thoughts on baseball.
- Author BiographyBruce E. Mowday began writing professionally as a sports writer for the daily newspaper The Record and later worked for the St. Louis Sun and Daily Local News of West Chester, Pa. He has authored many newspaper and magazine articles, a dozen books, and is President of the Mowday Group, Inc. He resides in Downington, Pa. Jim Donahue started the Richie Ashburn: Why The Hall Not? campaign featured prominently in the media, and the award winning film Richie Ashburn...A Baseball Life . Jim resides in Springfield, Pa.
- Author(s)Bruce Mowday,Jim Donahue
- PublisherBarricade Books Inc
- Date of Publication16/07/2011
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationFort Lee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBarricade Books Inc
- Weight372 g
- Width152 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.