All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExperience the best of the best with Rick Steves Best of France . Rick Steves Best of France puts the very best of France in your hands, with Rick's straightforward, time-tested advice in an easily scannable format so you can quickly find what you need on the go. With Rick's strategic tips on saving time and money, you'll worry less about your trip and focus on enjoying the experience,whether that's climbing the Eiffel Tower or dining at a sidewalk cafe with a glass of vin rouge. Rick Steves Best of France features: Everything in full-colour,Dazzling photos and helpful planning maps. Best of France in Two Weeks,Suggestions for planning the perfect trip, based on Rick's expert advice for what's worth your time and what you can skip. Rick's Tips,Helpful hints for key sights and experiences, organized so you quickly learn what you need to kw. You'll love how much these simple tips help make your trip smooth and stress-free! Authentic Experiences,Leave the tourist traps behind and enjoy real, cultural experiences and opportunities to connect with local people. Plus Practicalities,Essential eating, sleeping, and transportation information is neatly arranged to be ready when you need it. Choose the best Rick Steves guide for your trip: Rick Steves Best of France collects the very best the country has to offer. Planning a longer trip? Rick Steves France 2016 is the classic guide to exploring the country in-depth, updated annually. Time for a quick getaway? colourful Rick Steves Pocket Paris is perfect when you have a week or less. Pockets include full-size, fold-out city maps.
- Author BiographySince 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 20,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of a hardworking, well-traveled staff of 100 at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, Washington, near Seattle. When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his partner Trish, son Andy, and daughter Jackie. Steve Smith manages tour planning for Rick Steves' Europe tour program and has been researching guidebooks with Rick for two decades. Fluent in French, he's lived in France on several occasions, starting when he was seven. Steve owns a restored farmhouse in rural Burgundy where he hangs his beret in research season. Steve's wife, Karen Lewis Smith - who is an expert on French cuisine and wine - provides invaluable contributions to his books.
- Author(s)Rick Steves,Steve Smith
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication05/07/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleRick Steves
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content NoteFull colour maps and photos throughout
- Weight478 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $41.27
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $12.24
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $45.56
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $37.77
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $19.25
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.