All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to kw when traveling in England.In this guide, you'll find a mix of splendid cities, ever-so-quaint villages, historic ports, and seaside resorts. Visit the mars, museums, cathedrals, and castles that preserve England's history. Explore the scenic bays of Cornwall, hike the wild moors of Dartmoor, and discover why the Lake District is Londoners' favourite playground. Travel back in time at Stonehenge, tour the remnants of the Roman Empire along Hadrian's Wall, and see the ancient baths in the city of Bath. After a bustling day of sightseeing, relax at a neighbourhood pub, sharing a chat and a pint with a friendly local.Rick's candid, humorous advice will guide you to good-value hotels and restaurants. You'll learn how to get around England by train, bus, or car, and discover which sights are worth your time and money. More than just reviews and directions, a Rick Steves guidebook is a tour guide in your pocket.
- Author BiographySince 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 20,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of a hardworking, well-traveled staff of 100 at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, Washington, near Seattle. When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his partner Trish, son Andy, and daughter Jackie.
- Author(s)Rick Steves
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication26/04/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content Notecolour and B&W maps, B&W photos throughout
- Weight457 g
- Width114 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.