Save on Travel Guides
- AU $75.00Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $25.49
- AU $34.00Trending at AU $34.82
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $26.48
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $16.43
- AU $31.80Trending at AU $33.23
About this product
- DescriptionFrom England to Norway, Burgundy to Bavaria, and Rome to the top of the Swiss Alps, Rick Steves' European Christmas Blu-Ray gets you a seat at the family feast, up in the loft with the finest choirs, and into the kitchen with grandma and her best-kept holiday secrets. After producing a hundred travel shows, Rick Steves and his public television crew finally went to Europe for Christmas. And the cameras were rolling. As only they can, Rick and his gang brought home a vivid and authentic portrait of how Europeans celebrate the holiday. This Blu-Ray includes: * 14 complete live concert performances of music * 2004 Midnight Mass at St. Peters Basilica (Pope John Paul II) * Precepi Montage * Christkind Interview by Rick Steves * A slide show of images from the television prodictions The Christmas we kw today is a rich and fascinating mix of traditions that came over on the boat--an ancient celebration with pre-Christian roots. From yule logs to mistletoe, from singing shepherds to the split personalities of Santa, from traditional recipes to the top ten ways to celebrate in Paris, you'll learn something new--or old--about Christmas.
- Author BiographyRick Steves is on a mission: to help make European travel accessible and meaningful for Americans. He gives travelers inside information on where to stay, what to visit, and how to get there--economically and hassle-free. With Rick as their guide, travelers can delve into European culture, make friends with the locals, and experience everything Europe has to offer. Rick has spent 100 days every year since 1973 exploring Europe. His traveler's library of over 50 best-selling books and videos have sold more than two million copies and his award-winning television series, Rick Steves' Europe, is now in its seventh season. He also organizes and leads tours of Europe and offers an information-packed website (www.ricksteves.com). Rick lives in Edmonds, WA, just north of Seattle, with his family.
- Author(s)Perseus Publishing,Rick Steves
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication29/12/2009
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Weight100 g
- Width135 mm
- Height173 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.