All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to kw when traveling in Great Britain.With this guide, you'll explore the misty isle of Great Britain, from lively London to the lush green fields of Wales and the craggy beauty of the Scottish Highlands. Wander the sheep-dotted hillsides of the Lake District, and stroll the promenade at the kitschy beach resort of Blackpool. On Edinburgh's Royal Mile, ask a proud Scot about the local whisky. Trace Britain's history from prehistoric Stonehenge to Roman Bath, and from stout Welsh castles to Shakespeare's Stratford-upon-Avon. After a busy day of sightseeing, relax at a neighbourhood pub, sharing a chat and a pint with a friendly local.Rick's candid, humorous advice will guide you to good-value hotels, B&Bs, and restaurants in big cities and small villages. You'll learn how to travel by train, bus, or car and discover which sights are worth your time and money. More than just reviews and directions, a Rick Steves guidebook is a tour guide in your pocket.
- Author BiographySince 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 20,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of a hardworking, well-traveled staff of 100 at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, Washington, near Seattle. When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his partner Trish, son Andy, and daughter Jackie.
- Author(s)Rick Steves
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleRick Steves
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content Notecolour and B&W maps, B&W photos throughout
- Weight528 g
- Width114 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement21st Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.