All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to kw when traveling in Provence and the French Riviera.In this guide, you'll find a dazzling mix of enjoyable cities, warm stone villages, Roman ruins, and breathtaking coastline. Experience Roman history with self-guided tours of the Pont du Gard aqueduct, Roman theatre in Orange, and Arena in Arles. Explore sun-soaked Riviera beaches and resort towns, from cosmopolitan Nice to colourful Villefranche-sur-Mer. Get inspired by artistic masterpieces by Reir, Matisse, Picasso, and Chagall. After a day of sightseeing, relax at a cafe with a view, dive into a bowl of bouillabaisse, and watch fishermen return to the harbor.Rick's candid, humorous advice will guide you to good-value hotels and restaurants. You'll learn which sights are worth your time and money, and how to get around by train, bus, car, or boat. More than just reviews and directions, a Rick Steves guidebook is a tour guide in your pocket.
- Author BiographyRick Steves has spent 100 days every year since 1973 exploring Europe. Rick produces a public television series (Rick Steves' Europe), a public radio show (Travel with Rick Steves), and an app and podcast (Rick Steves Audio Europe) writes a bestselling series of guidebooks and a nationally syndicated newspaper column organizes guided tours that take thousands of travellers to Europe annually and offers an information-packed website (RickSteves.com). With the help of his hardworking staff of 80 at Europe Through the Back Door,in Edmonds, Washington, just north of Seattle,Rick's mission is to make European travel fun, affordable, and culturally broadening for Americans.Steve Smith manages tour planning for Rick Steves' Europe Through the Back Door and has been researching guidebooks with Rick for two decades. Fluent in French, he's lived in France on several occasions, starting when he was seven, and has traveled there annually since 1986. Steve's wife, who is an expert on French cuisine and wine, provides invaluable contributions to his books, as do his two children.
- Author(s)Rick Steves,Steve Smith
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication24/11/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRick Steves
- Content Notecolour and B&W photos, maps throughout
- Weight442 g
- Width121 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement11th edition
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $49.95Trending at AU $53.08
- AU $34.25Trending at AU $38.25
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $41.75
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.93
- AU $19.19Trending at AU $22.17
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.