All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionYou can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to kw when traveling in the Loire Valley. Rick Steves and Steve Smith cover the essentials of the Loire Valley, including Amboise and Chin. Visit grandiose chateaus, such as Chenceau, Blois, and Chateau d'Azay-le-Rideau. Tour the Leonardo da Vinci park and go wine-tasting in Vouvray. You'll get Rick's firsthand advice on the best sights, eating, sleeping, and nightlife, and the maps and self-guided tours will ensure you make the most of your experience. More than just reviews and directions, a Rick Steves Snapshot guide is a tour guide in your pocket. Rick Steves Snapshot guides consist of excerpted chapters from Rick Steves European country guidebooks. Snapshot guides are a great choice for travelers visiting a specific city or region, rather than multiple European destinations. These slim guides offer all of Rick's up-to-date advice on what sights are worth your time and money. They include good-value hotel and restaurant recommendations, with introductory information (such as overall trip planning, when to go, and travel practicalities).
- Author BiographyRick Steves has spent 100 days every year since 1973 exploring Europe. Rick produces a public television series (Rick Steves' Europe), a public radio show (Travel with Rick Steves), and an app and podcast (Rick Steves Audio Europe); writes a bestselling series of guidebooks and a nationally syndicated newspaper column; organizes guided tours that take thousands of travelers to Europe annually; and offers an information-packed website (RickSteves.com). With the help of his hardworking staff of 80 at Europe Through the Back Door--in Edmonds, Washington, just north of Seattle--Rick's mission is to make European travel fun, affordable, and culturally broadening for Americans. Steve Smith manages tour planning for Rick Steves' Europe Through the Back Door and has been researching guidebooks with Rick for two decades. Fluent in French, he's lived in France on several occasions, starting when he was seven, and has traveled there annually since 1986. Steve's wife, who is an expert on French cuisine and wine, provides invaluable contributions to his books, as do his two children.
- Author(s)Rick Steves,Steve Smith
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication26/01/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleRick Steves Snapshot
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content NoteB&W photos and maps throughout
- Weight142 g
- Width114 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.