Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $14.26
About this product
- DescriptionRick Rouse is a US Army deserter who, after running away to China, gets a job at Fengxian Amusement Park, a family destination heavily inspired by Western culture, featuring Rambi (the deer with a red headband), Ratman (the caped crusader with a rat's tail), Bumbo (small ears, big behind) and other original characters. The park's general manager is convinced that Rick was destined to greet Fengxian customers, dressed as ne other than Ricky Rouse. But when American terrorists take the entire park hostage, only Ricky Rouse can save the day. In a furry costume. This original graphic vel is a relentless action comedy, a satire of US-China relations, a parody of Western entertainment and a curious look at China, a country that, once we look past its often outrageous infringements, is a culture ripe with invation and a unique, courageous spirit. It is introduced by Christopher Sprigman, Professor of Law at New York University and author of The Kckoff Ecomy. Tittel and Aggs flip our cheeriest, most-beloved icons on their heads to create a story as thrilling as it is bizarre. In their world, an amusement park is a thing of gloom, friendly cartoon characters are out for blood and the copycat Ricky Rouse is a hero to root for. Their story of kckoffs behaving badly is a true original itself. Bianca Bosker, The Huffington Post.
- Author BiographyJorg Tittel writes, produces and/or directs plays, films and videogames. Notable successes are the critically acclaimed 2+2+2 at the King's Head Theatre, West End success Fiesta, and Battle for Britain (starring Julian Glover). Jorg's passion and long-term mission has been to create beautifully crafted, story- and character-driven projects that transcend media. Jorg is a BAFTA member and frequent speaker on cross-platform storytelling, e.g. at Develop, the London Book Fair, GDC Europe and the Frankfurt Book Fair. Together with partners Alex Helfrecht and Philip Munger, Jorg runs London and NYC based production company Oiffy. John Aggs is a comic book artist for adults and children. He has worked with writers such as Phillip Pullman and Robert Muchamore and has been published by The Guardian, Random House, Hachette and many others.
- Author(s)Jorg Tittel
- Date of Publication12/06/2014
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteColour
- Width170 mm
- Height260 mm
- Illustrator(s)John Aggs
- Foreword byChristopher Sprigman
- Edition StatementLimtied ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.