All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an original examination of the philosophy of Paul Ricoeur, focusing on his specific concept of interpretation. Ricoeur, Hermeneutics and Globalization explores the philosophical resources provided by Paul Ricoeur's hermeneutics in dealing with the challenges of a world framed by globalization. Bengt Kristensson Uggla's reflections start from an understanding of globalization as an 'age of hermeneutics', linking the seldom related problematic of globalization with hermeneutics through Ricoeur's concept of interpretation. The book proceeds to embrace lifelong, learning as the emerging new life script of the globalized kwledge ecomy, the post-national 'memory wars' generated by the celebration of national anniversaries, and the need for orientation in a post-modern world order. The author argues that Ricoeur's hermeneutics provide intellectual resources of extraordinary importance in coping with some of the most important challenges in the contemporary world. Continuum Studies in Continental Philosophy presents cutting-edge scholarship in the field of modern European thought. The wholly original arguments, perspectives and research findings in titles in this series make it an important and stimulating resource for students and academics from across the discipline.
- Author BiographyBengt Kristensson Uggla is Amos Anderson Professor of Philosophy, Culture and Management at Abo Akademi University in Finland.
- Author(s)Bengt Kristensson Uggla
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication24/11/2009
- Series TitleContinuum Studies in Continental Philosophy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight344 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.