All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.25
- AU $25.82Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionRiddle of the Red Bible is one of the latest science fiction books to tackle time travel and ghosts together, and with a new twist. Set in Hertfordshire, England, Manila, Philippines and California, USA this exciting vel also deals with adventure, religiosity, teen romance, love for family, and courage. Like many youngsters today, Courtney Nivots is a British teenager with a dream - although she doesn't dream of being rich, winning the latest T.V. talent contest or becoming famous. No, she actually dreams of something even more challenging; meeting her deceased father. At the very young age of five, she takes her first step on a truly wonderful and life changing journey. Sitting alone in her room one fateful evening, she encounters a truly terrifying thing - her worst nightmare - a ghost. From the way it behaves, she's convinced that the apparition definitely isn't friendly after it violently lashes out and destroys her only remaining link to her father - a porcelain figurine of Jesus Christ with a personalised message inscribed on the bottom. However, what transpires in that very moment takes her on a rollercoaster ride of epic proportions; both physically and emotionally, as everything she has ever kwn to be 'real' is truly put to the test. As she enters her teens and develops a deep rooted desire to find out who visited her all those years ago, she discovers a cryptic red book that might somehow make that possible. So with the help of some charming, brainy and downright geeky transatlantic friends, she sets out on a perilous time travel adventure to discover answers to questions body thought could ever be answered: Can you truly lay out the path of your own destiny at the tender age of five or do you re-write your future with every brave step you take? When Courtney encounters the most tremendous and tangible example of how it can really be possible to see her own future by looking into the past (without far-fetched time machines and extravagant contraptions) she is forced to find out those answers head on as she journeys to discover who visited her all those years ago and what part her long lost dad might play in her life. However, with the very physics of time combatting against her, there will be many substantial costs to pay before she can really find out who she is and whether she truly belongs in this world.
- Author BiographyK.T. Jae is a graduate of the University of East Anglia and Mountview -Academy of Theatre Arts London. Qualifications include a BA (Hons) in Theatre Arts and a Mountview Diploma. K.T. has been writing in various forms since 1999, primarily concentrating on screenplays. Riddle of the Red Bible is K.T.'s first novel and fulfils a lifelong dream of creating a unique and exciting new angle on time travel. K.T. lives in Hertfordshire, England with a very patient partner, two daughters who are waiting to star in the movie and a rather large Rhodesian Ridgeback dog that would love me to stop writing, get my jacket on and do some exercise.
- Author(s)K T Jae
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Illustrator(s)Oliver Roxas-Green
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.