Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.38
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe brightest sunshine-the darkest shadows. Michele Trowel fled her faithless husband seeking refuge with her family in Provence only to find more cruel betrayals-rooted in the Second World War and bearing hideous fruit in modern day France. Middle-aged Michele Trowel returns to her native France after living in the United States for over 30 years. Seeking comfort after her husband's adultery has destroyed her marriage, she heads to Provence, where she was raised and where her favorite Uncle George currently lives. When she arrives at his house, she unexpectedly finds an ambulance pulling away with his poisoned body. Devastated by her beloved uncle's death, Michele goes to great lengths to find his murderer. Readers watch as she works to solve the puzzle of her uncle's death which leads to ather riddle involving a hitherto unkwn traitor of 50 years before. While she works to find the guilty individual, she attempts to figure out her own mystery of why she stayed in an abusive marriage for so long. A rumpled, engaging widower accompanies her on her quest and she grows very fond of him. My vel depicts a woman's journey of self-discovery and healing, Robinson writes. It is placed against the backdrop of a murder mystery and a depiction of France's best-kwn far-right political party.
- Author BiographyJane E. M. Robinson lives in France, where she retired after a pursuing two careers in the U. S. A., college teaching of literature--where French novels of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries commanded her--attention and writing books for computer programmers and technicians. She spent considerable time in the area of France where Riddles in Provence takes place, the name of the town St-Veran being a pseudonym. Her first novel was The Amazon Chronicles, and took place three-thousand years ago. She is now working on a first-person recital set in early Renaissance France. Born and raised in New York City, she studied at City College of New York, the Sorbonne, and Harvard University. Jane E. M. Robinson is a pen-name.
- Author(s)Jane E M Robinson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication16/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.