All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
About this product
- DescriptionUnder one title, Craig Cameron brings together a thorough look at horses and their nature and good, solid horsemanship skills that suit both vice and experienced riders. The book is divided into sections, each dealing with a different aspect of horsemanship. The first delves into the psychological and physical realities of horses as a species and how man can best understand them to develop a positive, partnering relationship with them. Other sections cover groundwork, including early handling, round-pen exercises, and riding techniques that enable the horse to perform basic as well as intricate maneuvers. Each chapter includes interesting sidebars that complement the main text. Sidebars include True Story, an anecdote or story that relates to the chapter's subject matter; Here's How, a tip that pertains to the chapter's focus, and A Better Way, a troubleshooting section that offers a step-by-step exercise people can do to work the horse through a problem ted in the chapter.
- Author BiographyCraig Cameron is on the road more than 40 weeks a year, covering over 80,000 miles demonstrating the style of horsemanship he's perfected in the last 20 years. Traveling and working out of his Bluff Dale, Texas and Lincoln, New Mexico ranches, he starts hundreds of colts each year and gives horsemanship clinics on reining, starting horses on cattle, and problem solving to develop cowboy skills. Known as the Cowboy's Clinician, Craig uses a philosophy of teaching that eliminates the rough handling of horses, which has earned him a well-deserved international following. A native Texan, this former PRCA rodeo cowboy, working cowboy, rancher and cattleman has made horses his life for more than 40 years. His original, entertaining, and motivational style is regularly sought out by television, radio, magazines, fairs, ranch rodeos, concerts, universities, and many celebrities.
- Author(s)Craig Cameron
- PublisherWestern Horseman
- Date of Publication01/08/2004
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationColorado Springs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestern Horseman
- Out-of-print date12/09/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight44 g
- Width203 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.