All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guidebook explores the best ridge walking in Swdonia, Wales. A collection of horseshoes, traverses and circuits, as well as summits, ascent and descent options for kwledgable and experienced walkers. The routes range between 8 and 28km (as well as the 60km Fourteen Peaks Swdonia Traverse), and collect plenty of summits along the way. Exciting mountain days walking Swdonia's ridges, with practical details on the terrain, difficulty, scrambling, distance and timings are included. Each route includes clear route description and antated OS overview maps. The guidebook includes spectacular ridges with long views over Swdonia and further into Wales in a number of areas: the Carneddau ridges, the Glyders, the Swdon group, the Moelwyns, the Nantille area, the Rhigs, Cader Idris, the Arans and the extroadinary, 60km Traverse that links the 14 highest Swdonia peaks in three ranges of hills. This guide is a unique exploration of Swdonia's ridges, that combines route description with an exploration of the hillwalking experience. The aim, above all, to deliver some of the finest mountain experiences to walkers along Swdonia's big and challenging walking routes.
- Author BiographySteve lived in Snowdonia for 20 years, during which he gained an intimate knowledge of walks and climbs in the region. Among a number of mountaineering books he wrote at this time, the best known is his highly influential and now classic Scrambles in Snowdonia, which was largely responsible for reviving interest in this esoteric sport. He was also a keen ice climber and supplemented Welsh waterfall routes with trips to Scotland, where he lists the 'big five' traditional Ben Nevis classics of Tower Ridge, Point Five Gully, Observatory Ridge, Zero Gully and North-East Buttress among his all-time favourites. For several years Steve was a columnist for High Mountain Sports and Country Living magazines. He currently works as an actor and playwright.
- Author(s)Steve Ashton
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2002
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Weight230 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.