All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBook & DVD. Riding motorcycles is fun but Ken Condon maintains there is a state of being beyond the simple pleasure of rolling down the road; this book was written to help riders find that state of being. It's the experience of being physically and mentally present in the moment, where every sense is sharply attuned to the ride. Your mind becomes silent to the chatter of daily life and everyday problems seem to dissolve; you feel a deeper appreciation for life. Your body responds to this state of being with precise, fluid movements; you feel in balance, your muscles are relaxed, and it seems as though every input you make is an expression of mastery. With more than three decades of motorcycling under his belt, Ken Condon has had many opportunities to experience the Zone -- while road racing, dirt biking, and even commuting in heavy traffic. He recognises that the ability to ride in the Zone goes hand in hand with mastering basic motorcycling skills and achieving mental and emotional control. Condon's experience as a teacher shows in the careful organisation of the book. He has identified all the factors that affect entering the Zone and addresses each one individually, from the development of awareness and mental skills to mastering physical control of the motorcycle. At the end of each chapter are drills designed to transform the book's ideas and concepts into solid riding skills. A companion DVD is included with the book to demonstrate each concept and technique and help the reader apply each lesson to street riding.
- Author BiographyA motorcyclist for more than three decades, Ken Condon is best known to the motorcycling world as the current author of the monthly Proficient Motorcycling and Street Strategies columns for Motorcycle Consumer News. He is also the chief instructor for Tonys Track Days held at the Loudon race track in New Hampshire and is an experienced Motorcycle Safety Foundation instructor. He lives in Massachusetts where he is happy to be part of the blossoming motorcycle careers of both his wife and daughter.
- Author(s)Ken Condon
- PublisherWhitehorse Press
- Date of Publication03/12/2008
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNorth Conway
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhitehorse Press
- Content Note230 colour photos & illus
- Weight506 g
- Width245 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine12 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.