All listings for this product
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $24.99Trending at AU $26.25
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $13.95Trending at AU $14.11
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $28.16Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $33.93
About this product
- DescriptionSpring 1993. 14 months earlier the USSR had collapsed and with Russia accessible once more Gregory Yeoman and his expedition companions set off on their bicycles to ride from the Baltic to the Pacific. Over 153 days they encountered wild landscapes, wild people, crumbling hotels and Siberia's two cheeses on an extraordinary adventure through a nation finding itself after 70 years of Communism. 'Riding into the Sunrise' is the story of their journey, the Trans-Siberian Cycle Expedition. 8304 miles through steppe, mountains, forest and swamp, spurred on by mental and physical will power, curiosity and a tremendous sense of adventure. As they headed east, the generosity of the people they met in the city tower blocks and village cabins kept their spirits high and after five months of cycling, as they reached Vladivostok, it seemed they had conquered the great Red Bear. Or had they...? 59 black and white photographs and 8 maps help bring the story to life.
- Author(s)Gregory Yeoman
- Date of Publication25/11/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.