Riding the Alligator: Strategies for a Career in Screenplay Writing (and Not Getting Eaten) by Pen Densham (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.49+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionA bestseller that is the first artist-friendly screenwriting guide to successby an Oscar minated Hollywoodinsider whose productions have grossed more than a billion dollars. Riding the Alligator is different from other screenwriting books in that it takes a n-dogmatic approach to finding your own personal creative process, and shares Pen s best kept secrets for selling your creations and yourself. Pen is your own, warm, funny, personal mentor as you read this book. Actress Robin Wright says: It is like getting a UC screenwriting course for under $30!!! . Pen draws from his own extremely simple breakthrough techniques, shares his inspiring philosophy of finding a personal well of creativity from your inner voice, to overcoming the many challenges in a unique business, managing stress, the real secrets to selling your work, finding the right agent and being true to one's nature to create a lasting and passion filled career. The book is hailedby Hollywood luminaries like Ron Howard, Paul Haggis, Jeff Bridges, Morgan Freeman, as well as heads of major motion picture studios and academics from top film schools including USC, UCLA, NYU and AFI. Also included are short, personal essays by A-List Hollywood scripters such as Shane Black (Lethal Weapon, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang), Nia Vardalos (My Big Fat Greek Wedding), Eric Roth (Forrest Gump), Robin Swicord (Memoirs of a Geisha), Ron Shelton (Bull Durham/White Men Can't Jump), Laeta Kalogridis (Shutter Island/Avatar), Todd Robinson (White Squall/Phantom), Andrea Berloff (World Trade Center), Anthony Peckham (Sherlock Holmes) and more. Additionally, Pen provides an Instant Library summarizing 10 other popular books on Hollywood, as reviewed by his USC Film Students.
- Author BiographyPen Densham is an Oscar nominated writer-director-producer active in Hollywood today. He s produced 16 features and over 300 hours of TV series. He created the story for the revisionist Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and co-wrote and produced the screenplay with his Trilogy Entertainment Group partner, John Watson. He wrote and directed Moll Flanders for MGM, as well as writing and directing Houdini for TNT. Trilogy s latest is Phantom (2013). He personally revived both the Twilight Zone and the Outer Limits series to TV. And is honored to work with talent like Ed Harris, David Duchovny, Jay Baruchel, Jeff Bridges, Bill Murray, Morgan Freeman, Ron Howard, Kevin Costner, Sylvester Stallone, Jodie Foster, Emile Hirsch, Mark Ruffalo, and Robin Wright. Pen also shares his philosophies and techniques at several major academic film institutions like USC and the Canadian Film Center.
- Author(s)Pen Densham
- PublisherMichael Wiese Productions
- Date of Publication04/01/2011
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMichael Wiese Productions
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Content Note4 Black and White Photos
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.