All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.78
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a complete and antated English translation of the text Record of a Boat Trip to Wu (Wuchuan lu), a travel journal written by the famous Southern Song dynasty (1127-1279) government official and writer Fan Chengda (1126-1193). The journal describes a boat journey the author made in the summer and fall of 1177 from Chengdu (Sichuan) to his home near Suzhou (Jiangsu). Fan's trip covered a distance of approximately 1,700 English miles and took 122 days to complete. The Record of a Boat Trip to Wu is especially valuable because it provides detailed, first-hand descriptions of many aspects of the Song dynasty (960-1279) such as geography, history, literature, art, and religion. Perhaps most teworthy are the author's lengthy and often fascinating accounts and assessments of scenic and historic sites he stopped to visit during the trip.
- Author BiographyJames M. Hargett is currently Professor of Chinese at the Department of East Asian Studies of the University of Albany, State University of New York.
- Author(s)James M. Hargett
- PublisherThe Chinese University Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintThe Chinese University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edition StatementAnnotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.