Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionRiemann-Hilbert problems are fundamental objects of study within complex analysis. Many problems in differential equations and integrable systems, probability and random matrix theory, and asymptotic analysis can be solved by reformulation as a Riemann-Hilbert problem. This book, the most comprehensive one to date on the applied and computational theory of Riemann-Hilbert problems, includes:* An introduction to computational complex analysis.* An introduction to the applied theory of Riemann-Hilbert problems from an analytical and numerical perspective.* A discussion of applications to integrable systems, differential equations, and special function theory.* Six fundamental examples and five more sophisticated examples of the analytical and numerical Riemann-Hilbert method, each of mathematical or physical significance or both.
- Author BiographyThomas Trogdon is an NSF Postdoctoral Fellow at the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University. He was awarded the 2014 SIAM Richard C. DiPrima Prize for his dissertation, which shares its title with this book. He has published in the fields of numerical analysis, approximation theory, optical physics, integrable systems, partial differential equations and random matrix theory. Sheehan Olver is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Sydney. Dr Olver was awarded the 2012 Adams Prize for his work on the numerical solution of Riemann-Hilbert problems. He has published in the fields of numerical analysis, approximation theory, integrable systems, oscillatory integrals, spectral methods and random matrix theory.
- Author(s)Sheehan Olver,Thomas Trogdon
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/12/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight820 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.