All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume introduces techniques and theorems of Riemannian geometry, and opens the way to advanced topics. The text combines the geometric parts of Riemannian geometry with analytic aspects of the theory, and reviews recent research. The updated second edition includes a new coordinate-free formula that is easily remembered (the Koszul formula in disguise); an expanded number of coordinate calculations of connection and curvature; general fomulas for curvature on Lie Groups and submersions; variational calculus integrated into the text, allowing for an early treatment of the Sphere theorem using a forgotten proof by Berger; recent results regarding manifolds with positive curvature.
- Author(s)Peter Petersen
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/11/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number171
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight646 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 2nd ed. 2006
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.