All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.26Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionFor everyone who has wanted to be a better singer, here is the step-by-step program to singing like a pro. Amateur and fledgling professional singers, beginning and advanced music students, choral conductors, music teachers, voice coaches, and others will find tips to proper breathing, resonance, and interpretation - based on sound physiological principles. Starting with the basics and continuing to advanced techniques, this book covers vocal categories, the most common terms used in singing, how range and resonance play their part in categorizing individual voices, and much more. A thorough discussion is provided on the role of vowels and consonants, revealing how to produce a flowing sound while making each word understood. A special chapter on vocal technique covers the details of posture, breath control, placement, and colour. Singers will find a variety of vocal exercises and special tips for sight reading, learning music, and recognizing different musical forms. Also included are suggestions for further study and the process of finding a singing teacher, as well as answers to a variety of questions that are frequently asked of singing teachers by their students.
- Author BiographyLinda Marquart teaches singing at the High School of Dundee and University of Dundee. She has performed and taught in the United States and South America and holds degrees from Peabody Conservatory of Music in Baltimore and the Royal College of Music in London. She lives in Scotland.
- Author(s)Linda Marquart
- PublisherAllworth Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllworth Press,U.S.
- Content Noteline drawings
- Weight177 g
- Width133 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.