Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2008 there were 149 militia groups in the United States. In 2009, that number more than tripled to 512, and w there are nearly 600. In Right-Wing Resurgence, author Daryl Johnson offers a detailed account of the growth of right-wing extremism and militias in the United States and the ever-increasing threat they pose. The author is an ackwledged expert in this area and has been an intelligence analyst working for several federal agencies for nearly 20 years. The book is also a first-hand, insider's account of the DHS Right-Wing Extremism report from the person who wrote it. It is a truthful depiction of the facts, circumstances, and events leading up to the leak of this official intelligence assessment. The leak and its aftermath have had an adverse effect on homeland security. Because of its alleged mishandling of the situation, the Department's reputation has declined in the intelligence and law enforcement communities and the analytical integrity of the Office of Intelligence and Analysis was undermined. Most importantly, the nation's security has been compromised during a critical time when a significant domestic terrorist threat is growing. This book is replete with case studies and interviews with leaders which reveal their agendas, how they recruit, and how they operate around the country. It presents a comprehensive account of an ever-growing security concern at a time when this threat is only beginning to be realized, and is still largely igred in many circles.
- Author BiographyDaryl Johnson was the senior domestic terrorism analyst at the Department of Homeland Security, Office of Intelligence & Analysis (I&A) from August 2004 to April 2010. During his time at DHS, Mr. Johnson wrote numerous sensitive intelligence reports and briefed a wide range of organizations including congressional staff; federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies; members of the intelligence community; colleges and universities; and other non-government organizations.
- Author(s)Daryl Johnson
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication14/09/2012
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note20 black & white halftones
- Weight780 g
- Width156 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Foreword byMark Potok
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.