CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.46Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionIn this children's book series the main character Ray-Ray goes thru a series of events that will test any child, but he remains Righteous. Ray-Ray also lives by one of the author's favorite mottos Treat others the way you want to be treated. The author decided on this concept because he has realized that many children are t exposed to models of respect in their young lives. Also, the author wants to show them a child that is secure with who he is, loves himself, and overcomes many trials and tribulations; yet he is respectful, positive, has goals, dreams, and never stops pursuing them. He is excited about the opportunity to touch many children's lives. He was given the name Ray-Ray because that is the author's nickname, and the author simply thought that it would peak people's interest. Also, there are some negative stereotypes associated with the name therefore, the author wanted to put the name in a positive light.
- Author BiographyRaymond Smith believes that Reading is everything. He received his B.A. in secondary English education from Chicago State University in 2006. Growing up in the violent Chicago area, Raymond found his safety in books. In elementary school Raymond would finish his work before everyone so his teachers would tell him to get a book from the classroom library. There Raymond began to love reading. Raymond says Reading books changed my life and opened up the world to me. He recently received his Master's Degree in Reading at Olivet Nazarene University. Currently, he is a 7th grade Language Arts and Reading teacher in Chicago, IL. Raymond spent four years working as a site coordinator in Chicago at the World Famous Bethel-Imani CDF Freedom School, a summer reading program that encourages children to love reading. It was here where Raymond was inspired to begin writing books because he dreamed of reading his own book during the Read Aloud component of the daily Harambee celebration. Read Aloud is where a guest from the community visits to read their favorite book to the scholars. Furthermore, Raymond also noticed that many of his students did not value reading and were often unengaged with their texts in school, and he wanted to develop something to give young readers an enjoyable experience so that hopefully they would grow to love reading. Raymond hopes that after children read his books that they are motivated, inspired and better readers. Presently, Raymond resides on Chicago's south side.
- Author(s)Raymond R Smith
- PublisherRighteous Books
- Date of Publication12/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRighteous Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Alan Davis
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.