All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a mini-anthology of poetry and prose for both aficionados and those readers discovering Rainer Maria Rilke for the first time. John J. L. Mood has assembled a collection of Rilke's strongest work, presenting commentary along with the selections. Mood links into an essay passages from letters that show Rilke's profound understanding of men and women and his ardent spirituality, rooted in the senses. Combining passion and sensitivity, the poems on love presented here are often t only sensual but sexual as well. Others pursue perennial themes in his work-death and life, growth and transformation. The book concludes with Rilke's reflections on wisdom and openness to experience, on grasping what is most difficult and turning what is most alien into that which we can most trust.
- Author BiographyRainer Maria Rilke (1875-1926) is considered one of the greatest poets who ever wrote in the German language. His most famous works are Sonnets to Orpheus, The Duino Elegies, Letters to a Young Poet, and The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge. His collected work is comprised of hundreds of other poems, essays, plays, and stories.
- Author(s)John J. L. Mood,Rainer Maria Rilke
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication16/03/1994
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight170 g
- Width137 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.57
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
- AU $48.62Trending at AU $54.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.