CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the moment in 1918 when Corporal Lee Duncan discovers Rin Tin Tin on a World War I battlefield, he recognizes something in the pup that he needs to share with the world. Rin Tin Tin's improbable introduction to Hollywood leads to the dog's first blockbuster film and over time, the many radio programs, movies, and television shows that follow. The canine hero's legacy is cemented by Duncan and a small group of others who devote their lives to keeping him and his descendants alive. At its heart, Rin Tin Tin is a poignant exploration of the enduring bond between humans and animals. But it is also a richly textured history of twentieth-century entertainment and entrepreneurship and the changing role of dogs in the American family and society. Almost ten years in the making, Susan Orlean's first original book since The Orchid Thief is a tour de force of history, human interest, and masterful storytelling - the ultimate must-read for anyone who loves great dogs or great yarns.
- Author BiographySusan Orlean has been a staff writer for the New Yorker since 1992 and has also written for Esquire, Vogue and Rolling Stone. She is the author of five books including the international bestseller The Orchid Thief, the inspiration for the film Adaptation, directed by Spike Jonze and starring Nicholas Cage and Meryl Streep. Susan Orlean lives in Boston.
- Author(s)Susan Orlean
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Content Note2 x 8pp b/w plate sections
- Weight462 g
- Width158 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition StatementExport/Airside ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.