All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2001, Rinko Kawauchi launched her career with the simultaneous publication of three astonishing photobooks Utatane , Hanabi , and Hanako firmly establishing her as one of the most invative newcomers to contemporary photography, t just in Japan, but across the globe. In the years that followed, she published other table mographs, including Aila (2004), The Eyes, the Ears (2005), and Semear (2007). And w, ten years after her precipitous entry onto the international stage, Aperture is delighted to publish Illuminance , the latest volume of Kawauchis work and the first to be published outside of Japan. Kawauchis work has frequently been lauded for its nuanced palette and offhand compositional mastery, as well as her ability to incite wonder via careful attention to tiny gestures and the incidental details of her everyday environment. In Illuminance , Kawauchi continues her exploration of the extraordinary in the mundane, drawn to the fundamental cycles of life and the seemingly inadvertent, fractal-like organization of the natural world into formal patterns. This impressive compilation of previously unpublished images is proof of Kawauchis unparalleled, unique sensibility and her on-going appeal to the lovers of photography.
- Author(s)David Chandler,Rinko Kawauchi
- Date of Publication20/06/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note125 colour illustrations
- Weight1200 g
- Width221 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.