All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- Description* In this seventh volume, Al Williamson takes on a larger role as John Prentice's assistant, and Prentice fully hits his stride. Fred Dickenson continues to write Rip's adventures. Rip Kirby, the suave gentleman detective is the right man for his times as then-current 1960s culture reflects a new fascination with sophisticated stories featuring James Bond and other agents, both secret and otherwise. The strips are reproduced from the original King Features Syndicate proofs, insuring that every daily will look even better than when they were first published in newspapers over fifty years ago. * Contains nine complete stories in more than 800 sequential comics from February 12, 1962 to October 10, 1964.
- Author BiographyJohn Prentice (1920-1999) received the National Cartoonists Society award for -Best Story Strip Cartoonist- in 1966, 1967, and 1986. Born in Whitney, Texas. He joined the Navy in 1939 and survived the bombing of Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, served on two destroyers in eight combat campaigns, and was honorably discharged in 1945. After the war he enrolled in the Art Institute of Pittsburgh and then moved to New York, where he eventually became a successful freelancer, illustrating paperback book covers; comic books for the Joe Simon/Jack Kirby studio, DC Comics, and others; as well as being a regular contributor to major magazines before taking over Rip Kirby in 1956.
- Author(s)Fred Dickenson
- PublisherIdea & Design Works
- Date of Publication12/08/2014
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIdea & Design Works
- Content Notechiefly illustrations (black and white)
- Weight1961 g
- Width257 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Artist(s)John Prentice
- Interest AgeFrom 13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.