All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy definition, religion is t a true religion unless it is universal, transcending national boundaries, and tribal, national, ethnic, and racial identity. A universal religion is supposed to be more important than the transitory human condition in time and space. To be truly universal, a religion must welcome all comers. Explore these and other insights in Henry Carrier s witty and intellectually invigorating book, Ripeness Is All: A Boomer s Mirthful, Spiritual Journey. A self-professed boomer with a keen sense of popular culture, Carrier writes about the search for meaning against the backdrop of Vietnam, Civil Rights, the counterculture, and postmodernism. I ve tried to write a deeply personal and humorous account of my life and spiritual journey from age seven to age seventy during one of the most pivotal times in human history. Carrier synthesizes history, philosophy, theology, and science to present a contemporary understanding of religion that he hopes will speak to believers and n-believers alike.
- Author(s)Henry Carrier
- PublisherPage Publishing, Inc.
- Date of Publication10/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPage Publishing, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.