All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.47Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe author empowers concerned synagogue goers who, until w, have held back from being the first in their community to broach the same thoughts openly. By means of implementing the book's many workable solutions, the readers will tap into something permanently embedded in Jewish consciousness and discover more modern ways of retrieving its practice.
- Author BiographyDr. Joseph A. Levine, lectures extensively on the aesthetic dimension of synagogue life. His standard text Synagogue Song in America, republished by Jason Aronson, Inc., was termed the most important study of Jewish music to appear in English in the past fifty years. He has published many articles on the subject and has also written monographs on the life and times of cantors such as David Kusevitzky and Yosef Weisgal. An active cantor himself, for thirty-five years, he taught sacred music at the Jewish Theological Seminary and is currently a faculty member at the Academy for Jewish religion. Dr. Levine serves on the Cantors Assembly editorial board as well as on the United Synagogue Commission.
- Author(s)Joseph A. Levine
- PublisherJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Date of Publication28/01/2001
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationNorthvale NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight653 g
- Width164 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.